Thursday, June 20, 2013

Rock Her Style: Demi Lovato - Part 1

I've been a fan of Demi Lovato for quite some time. Not only does she have an amazing voice, but she has an awesome sense of style. She's definitely one of my favorite celebrities to look to for fashion inspiration. Here, I've recreated some of her looks with my own wardrobe.  Proof that you can get her style at home too!


One thing I love about Demi is her edge. I'm not calling her a triangle or a square; I'm talking about that rocker edge she infuses into a lot of her looks. Here she's wearing all black: faux leather leggings, pumps, a statement necklace, and a sheer button-up shirt over a bralette.

I recreated her look the best I could from my own closet. I'm wearing a sheer shirt from Anthropologie, a bralette from Tilly's, shoes from DSW, and shiny leggings (I have no idea where they're from, but you can get them pretty much anywhere). 

Similar Styles:


Here, Demi adds a bit of a boho feel to her look with long, flowy outerwear. I'm calling it outerwear because that sounds better than "jacket thing." I honestly don't know what they're called. 

Anyway, I recreated this look with my own long, floral outerwear from Free People, high-wasted shorts from Urban Outfitters, Jeffrey Campbell 8th Street boots and a Taking Back Sunday shirt. I obviously love my Taking Back Sunday. 

Similar Styles:
Shirt (Demi's EXACT)
Boots (similar to mine)
Boots (similar to Demi's)



Demi looks laid back here, yet still put together, and still very rocker. I'm wearing a similar plaid shirt from Free People, faded gray shirt from Zara's, boots from Steve Madden and leggings. 

Similar Styles:


Demi is very good at taking simple pieces and making them feel very put together. Here, all there is is a burnt orange camisole, distressed shorts and a blazer, topped, of course, with Demi's favorite Jeffrey Campbell's. I made it my own with my high-wasted shorts from UO, an orange cami from Forever21, a tweed blazer from UO and my Jeffrey Campbell 8th street boots. 

Similar Styles:
Destroyed Shorts (I want these!)
Boots (similar to mine)
Boots (similar to Demi's)

Stay Strong, 
-Erica

Click here to check out Part 2!




No comments:

Post a Comment