Monday, February 17, 2014

Finding the Best Drugstore Makeup Wipe


My search for the perfect drugstore makeup remover wipes started when the classic Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes just weren't getting the job done anymore. I don't know if it was a change in formula or what, but I just knew I needed to find something more effective. 

I know there has been a lot of bad talk lately and claims that makeup wipes are bad for the skin. Trust me, I have done my research: The only way that makeup remover wipes can be bad for the skin is if you do not cleanse after you use them. I repeat: makeup wipes can NOT replace you face cleanser. If you don't follow with your regular face wash, the wipes will leave a residue on the skin that can build up and cause breakouts and other bad news. So as long as you cleanse afterwards, makeup wipes are perfectly fine for daily use. 

My first attempt at finding the perfect wipe started with the Simple Cleansing Wipes. The Simple brand has a nice motto in using healthy and safe ingredients, which is great for sensitive skin.  However, these just did not effectively remove all of my makeup in the slightest. None of the wipes seemed moist enough, which made them feel rough against the skin. Trying to get off eye makeup was the worst of it.  There was absolutely no way to be gentle around the eye area with these, and being gentle in that area is a MUST if you want to prevent wrinkles. If you know anything about the Simple brand, you may be thinking: "Oh, but they have eye makeup remover pads." Tried them too, and yes, they were more moist, but still not effective enough. 

Moving on, I tried the Ponds Wet Cleansing Towelettes. The first few times I used them, I thought: "Okay, this is it. I found the one." But as I made my way through the pack, I realized I could find better. The one thing about the Ponds wipes is that they are textured, which does help as a kind of exfoliator and in scrubbing off that makeup. But that's the thing, scrubbing. The texture of the wipes felt rough against my skin, and again, there's the issue of preventing wrinkles in the eye area. Scrubbing the eye area is a no go. 

Next up were the Olay Fresh Effects Everything Off Wipes. Right away I knew these were horrible. First up, the scent was overwhelming to the point were it made my eyes sting. Who wants to take off their eye makeup with a wipe that makes their eyes red and in pain? Next!

Finally, I found a wipe that put an end to my search...


I have found The One: The Aveeno Positively Radiant Makeup Removing Wipes. These wipes are super moisturizing and easily glide over the skin with no effort whatsoever. There's no scrubbing, no overwhelming scent that results in watering eyes, and no other downsides. And they actually remove my makeup! Wow! A makeup remover wipe actually removing makeup! Shocker! 

If you're looking for something to remove your makeup in an effective and easy manner, go out and get these! I seriously used to dread taking my makeup off at the end of the day, but with these, it's effortless! No more dread!

Good day!
-Erica









No comments:

Post a Comment