Sunday, June 8, 2014

Review: Maybelline Dream Pure BB


I was walking through my local CVS and found this little guy on display.  The Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream



I am an owner of the original version, the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream, as well.  However, this one contains 2% Salicylic Acid to treat acne, instead of any SPF 30 for sun protection.  As with the original version, this BB Cream claims to be an 8-in-1 Beauty Balm, but instead of just being a "Skin Perfector" it is a "Skin Clearing Perfector." 

The Dream Pure BB claims to:
1.  Clear Acne
2. Conceal imperfections
3. Minimize the look of pores
4. Reduce the appearance of redness
5. Adjust to skin tone
6. Hydrate and smooth
7. Enhance and Clarify
8. 0% oil with lightweight feel

Personally, I am on the fence about this one. I will say, I found the finish of the BB to be extremely natural, which did amaze me. It does reduce redness, minimize the look of pores, and adjust to skin tone.  However, if you have a lot of redness, post-acne marks or current acne, then it will definitely not be enough on its own. 

The thing that bugged me about this product was the feel of it on my skin.  It says 0% oils with a lightweight feel.  While it may have 0% oils in it, it doesn't exactly have a lightweight feel on the skin.  This may be because I am quite naturally oily, but having this on my skin made me want to take it off immediately. I wore this product for a few days, and the feeling would just not go away.  The urge to attack my face with a makeup remover wipe would haunt my mind throughout the day. 

Another thing is that you cannot under any circumstance touch your face with this product on.  Just running your finger down your face will cause the product to roll up and peel off as if it were dough. 

As for the skin clearing, I can't really say since I could not stand to wear it for too long. 

 Overall, my experience with the Maybelline Dream Pure BB may be just that: my experience.  This product could very well work out for a number of you. If you're looking for a BB cream that also claims to treat acne, you may as well try this one as it is only $8.99.  

-Erica



No comments:

Post a Comment