Sunday, August 17, 2014

Review: Smashbox Blemish Control Primer



So I mentioned the Smashbox Photo Finish Blemish Control Primer in my July Favorites video, and I thought I'd do a more in depth review here for anyone interested. 

The product claims to treat breakouts, provide oil-free hydration, and keep skin clearer over time. If I could put a check mark next to each one of these claims, I would. 

I have definitely noticed that any breakouts I've had don't seem to stick around as long. It's oil-free, yet acts as a nice moisturizer before putting on foundation. And I've noticed that breakouts aren't popping up as regularly as they used to before I started using this product. 


The product looks like a milky white cream and applies like a gel. It appears shiny on the skin at first, and then mattifies after a few seconds. 

I will say there are some tricks to getting the best results with this primer. The first time I put this on, I immediately started applying my foundation right after, which was a definite mistake. The product started flaking off and it was not a pretty sight. I've learned to wait a few minutes after applying. Once it's dry and set on the skin, I can apply my foundation with ease. 

If you've always had a problem with primers breaking you out (I know I have), I would definitely recommend this one. 

The Smashbox Blemish Control Primer goes for about $42 in any Sephora or Ulta store. However, I know Ulta sells travel sized ones for about $15 if you wanted to try it out before committing. 

If you've tried this primer, or are going to, let me know what you think of it in the comments! 

-Erica


No comments:

Post a Comment