Sunday, September 21, 2014

Miracle Products for Oily Skin!?

I've had oily skin for my entire life. I can't even remember a time when I wasn't on the search for a product that could keep my oil at bay for an entire day's wear. In my 24th year of life, I was beginning to lose hope. When suddenly, I came across a combination of products that surprised and amazed me!

I had been using the Anthony Instant Fix Oil Control (I wrote a review on it here), and it really helped with my oil throughout the day. However, my mind wasn't completely blown.  Though I will say I hadn't experienced any other products that had done that well, so I felt it couldn't get any better. 


A couple months into using this product, I came across The Body Shop's Tea Tree Pore Minimizer.  I didn't buy this product thinking that it would control my oil.  I bought it because it claimed to work as a primer that was safe for blemish prone skin, which I definitely have.  Most primers break me out, so I was hoping this one wouldn't. 


The next day I prepped my skin for my makeup routine by first applying the Anthony Instant Fix Oil Control to the most oily areas on my face.  Then I applied the Tea Tree Pore Minimizer on top.  After that, I went on with normal makeup routine. 

I usually have to blot my skin about 5 or 6 hours into my day.  And by the end of the day, my makeup would start to slip and slide from all the oil.  Definitely not the best look.  But this day, I went into the bathroom to do my normal blotting, and when I looked in the mirror, I almost couldn't believe it! There was nothing to blot!! I'm honestly still amazed by it, and I've been using this prep routine for a couple weeks now. 

I also tried using the pore minimizer on its own to see if it was the main miracle worker.  While it did work really well on its own, I definitely think these two products together make one amazing superhero!

If you have oily skin and want to test this out, I'd recommend buying the Tea Tree Pore Minimizer first to see if that alone is good enough for you.  If you find you do need that little extra something, then I'd recommend buying the Anthony Instant Fix Oil Control too. 

These two products have pretty much changed my daily life, so I wanted to make sure to share it with all of you! If you'd like to hear me go on about it, you can watch me in the video below:


Good luck on your oil eliminating journey!
- Erica



No comments:

Post a Comment